- General Information
The 42nd Asian Conference on Remote Sensing 2021 (ACRS2021) is an annual conference for exchanging the latest development and information to promote remote sensing technology. Every year, the member countries of the Asian Association on Remote Sensing (AARS) hosted the conference and made their best efforts for the successful conference. ACRS has been the most prestigious and professional events of the remote sensing community in Asia for over four decades and makes this meeting an especially attractive event.
ACRS2021 will be held on 22-26 November 2021 at Can Tho University, Can Tho, Viet Nam. The conference is expected to be an interdisciplinary forum for leading researchers and students in related areas to present the latest developments, works, and applications, to discuss cutting-edge technology, to exchange research ideas, and to promote international collaboration in this field.
ACRS2021 will focus on new methodologies or applications of well-known remote sensing techniques in the field of Remote Sensing for Disaster Risk and Resources Degradation Reduction toward Sustainable Development. Examples of areas covered within this research topic include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Sensor and Platform
- Algorithm and Image Processing
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Web GIS
- Cloud Computing, Big data and AI in Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) & Navigation
- Disaster Monitoring and Prevention
- Remote Sensing for Natural Resources
- Environmental Domain
- Remote Sensing Application for Public Health
- Remote Sensing & Mapping
- Education and Training
Onsite and online presentations will be organized. The online participants are requested to provide video file of the presentations for backup.
All the sessions are most likely to be organized mainly online and partly on-site. All the international participants are recommended to participate online due to the rule of quarantine period for COVID-19 pandemic prevention in Vietnam (21 days of centralized quarantine and other 7 days of home quarantine for foreigners after arriving Vietnam).
- Either full paper or extended abstract is acceptable for ACRS proceedings.
- Those who are applying to Shunji Murai Award, Innovation Award and Green Asia Award are requested to submit full papers. The winner’s papers are invited to be published in Asian Journal of Geoinformatics (ISSN: 1513-6728). In that case, the (extended) abstract will be published in ACRS proceedings.